Metal free ceramic restorations, as the name suggests, do not have a metal framework. These are extremely strong ceramic materials with excellent optical properties. Aesthetics in contemporary dentistry is partly defined by the patient’s desires for naturalness and harmony. However, it is among the tasks of the dentist to translate the patient’s wishes to reality providing the ideal restoration and one such restoration can be ceramic restoration.
The word “CERAMIC” is derived from the Greek word “KERAMOS” which means “BURNT STUFF”. Ceramic is an earthen material usually of a silicate nature.
Modern techniques in restorative dentistry include the use of ceramic materials for jacket crowns, laminates, inlays and onlays. These restorations not only look natural but also have a very good periodontal response when placed properly.
INDICATIONS OF CERAMICS:
- Aesthetic alternative for discolored teeth.
- Badly or grossly carious teeth.
- Traumatic fracture of incisal angles or buccal cusps of teeth.
- Congenital abnormalities.
- Inlays or onlays.
- Abutment retainers.
- Denture as tooth material.
- Splinting of mobile teeth with metal backing.
- Occlusal corrections and improvement of alignment or function.
Advantages of Metal-Free Crowns:
- Excellent biocompatibility.
- Chemically inert.
- Excellent esthetics due to:
Good color stability.
Capability of being pigmented.
We at Roots and Crown are offering Best of the “Metal Free” restorations. These metal-free restorations are having the best of aesthetic properties. Patients desiring good results of enhancing their smile should opt for these all-ceramic restorations.
E-max crowns, Veneers, Onlays, Inlays etc can be beneficial to patients who want to treat their broken, discoloured or crooked teeth with instant and fast results.